Tuesday, March 22, 2011

hit the streets end product


In the finished product I ended up with two main light sources, one being the ambient backlight of a sunset and the second being the chandelier in the entrance. The twilight really is just an overall gradient with a few touches at the edges of buildings, and the chandelier reflects off the pillars. The focus point is intended to be the doorway, and secondarily a lit-up room on an upper floor. The perspective is limited and kind of wonky, but it was the best attempt of 3 in it's crude stages. There is not as much rim lighting as I'd like as it's still rough.
The hues are sort of indistinct, with an overall desaturation and pale value meant to complement the incandescence within the building.

If I were to re-do this I would add some silhouetted figures and a carriage, as well as cobblestones and some building details, but as it is the perspective still looks off in ways I can't make sense of, it just makes me dizzy in general, so I need to fix that before I can go further.

No comments:

Post a Comment